Automotive industry in Kathia

From Themys Project
Lyal Kaszan's 1491 vehicle, 15 were produced but only 3 survive today

The automotive industry in Kathia is a large and significant contributor to the Kathic economy and world automotive industry as a whole, employing around 800,000 (1607) people. Around 5.8 million vehicles were production in Kathia in 1609. Kathia was one of the early pioneers and leaders in the automotive industry, with the Iszada Brothers and Illic Savaeu starting their companies in the late 1300s. Consolidation of the industry in Kathia lasted from the 1520s to the 1580s, and today the main companies are Iszada Group (Iszada, Reva, Keveda), Saveau-Verou (Saveau, Vernou, Vernou Trucks), and Avima. Numerous Kathic designs have won Azoran Car of the Year, World Car of the Year, as well as car of the year in multiple countries.

History

The first automobile was produced in 1360 by Royan Haszedeu using a boiler with three wheels attached to a base. It wouldn't be until over 100 years later that real progress was made in automobiles, with further advancement engine technology and growing need for automobiles increased. In 1481 Lyal Kaszan created her first vehicle. The Iszada Brothers established their own company in 1489, producing a few vechicles in the following years before the Iszada Type 8 gained widespread popularity.

Saveau 162, the first widespread vehicle produced in Kathia. It gained popularity with the middle class following the First World War when it was introduced in 1509 but was replaced by the Saveay 164 in 1514.

The automotive industry grew rapidly in the 1490s and early 1500s, with vehicles being used in war for the first time during the First World War. Iszada produced the first modern tanks, the Iszada Type 4, whose basic design remains the basis for all modern tanks. The interwar years were marked by an increase in vehicle sales, and the emergence of Iszada and Saveau as the main producers. The interwar period saw the height of smaller, more high-end producers such as Liaszas, Bourdal, and Veszima. Many of these companies were either taken over during the war or were merged into larger ones by the 1560s.

By the late 1560s the Saveau 133 (left) and the Vernou V340 (right) had become some of the most widely recognized and exported cars from Kathia.

The Second World War saw an a gap in production, as all research and production was put into the war effort. Limited numbers of vehicles were produced before and during the occupation subsequent Kathic State. Immediately following liberation and the end of the war saw the restart of civilian production, first in limited numbers and then on a large scale a few years after the war as factories and equipment was repaired. The most successful vehicle produced in the aftermath of the war was the Vernou 244, which was produced from 1535-1555. Kathia remained one of the largest producers, being either the first or second largest producer in Azora and often within the top 3 producers in the world by the 1550s.

The 1560s saw the launch of a few well known vehicles, most notably the Saveau 133 and the Vernou V340, both of which would be in production for a long while (the 133 ended production after 14 years while the V340 was produced for almost 20). The 1560s also saw the solidification of Iszada and Saveau as the top manufactures, with Reva as the number 3 manufacturer. This decade saw the beginning of Szeval's decline, which culminated in it going bankrupt in 1575, as well as a decline in Iszada, although they would bounce back during the 1570s. Production of vehicles reached 2 million in 1570, and would increase further as the decade went on. Vernou was bought out by Saveau in 1577, which formed the current Saveau-Vernou Group, which also included Vernou Trucks, the successful truck brand Vernou created in the 1510s.

Saveau 244, released in 1577 to critical acclaim. 2.3 million were produced by the time production ended

The acquisition of Vernou by Saveau cased Iszada to purchase the luxury brand Reva in 1581, and then later establish the microcar brand Kaveda in 1583. Iszada would release its now widely successful Iszada Brezantia in 1580, and Saveau would garner acclaim for its Saveau 244 in 1577. Overall changes in the market and consumer preference to smaller cars brought about cars such as the Iszada Brezantia and Avima Cavur, both of which are still produced today in large numbers worldwide. By the turn of the new century, the market had shifted towards a preference that now included crossovers and small SUVs.

Manufacturers